We have prepared some tips on how to take care of your silver jewelry.
Our jewelry is an alloy that contains silver and copper which makes it hypoallergenic. We do not use rhodium plating so that warm color and soft shine of silver are kept. However, silver by its nature can be vulnerable to the external environment factors. Therefore, over time, it can darken and tarnish – lose its beautiful luster. This may happen, for instance, because of high humidity or individual characteristics of the skin.
To avoid these changes of your silver jewelry and to know how to wear, store, and clean the silver in a right way, follow the following rules:
- Protect jewelry from exposure to high temperatures, moisture, rubber, paper, and cotton. Some materials can contain coarse fibers, which can cause scratches on the surface of your jewelry.
- Remove jewelry while cleaning to prevent exposure to chemicals as well as damages.
- Do not wear jewelry during visiting a gym, pool or sauna.
- Avoid exposure to sulfur, chlorine, and mercury that are contained in some cosmetics. They can darken silver jewelry.
- Every day, wipe the jewelry with a soft cloth or a special cloth for silver. This will reduce the tarnishing process.
- Keep your jewelry in a cool, dry and dark place, after putting each piece in a separate plastic bag or a special cloth bag.
Instructions for cleaning silver jewelry:
- Clean your jewelry at least once per month.
- Use professional cleaning chemical mix for silver: wipes, cream or liquid. If you use this method, please, be considerate about soft texture of stones that can be damaged by this mixture.
- You can rinse the jewelry thoroughly in soapy water for 15 minutes and then dry it with a soft cloth.
- One more method is to use a paste of baking soda: gently rub it into the surface of the jewelry, and rinse when the tarnish is removed.