Most of Alohagaia’s jewelry is made of 925 sterling silver. We like our jewelry shiny, that's why we don't use rhodium plating.
Don't be afraid if silver gets a little darker, this is just a natural process of metal oxidation. To avoid these changes and keep your favorite silver pieces shiny follow these simple rules:
- Protect jewelry from mechanical impact and high temperatures
- Avoid exposure to household cleaning products, bleach and other strong chemicals
- Do not wear jewelry in a gym, swimming pool or sauna
- Wipe your favorite pieces with a soft cloth or a special polishing cloth for silver to retain jewelry’s natural shine longer
- Store your silver jewelry in a dry and dark place. It’s better to put every piece in a separate bag
- Wear it often! The natural oils in your skin help to keep silver from oxidizing 🌈